Join an organization where you can make a difference in the lives of students from across the nation and the world. At The Washington Center for Internships and Academic Seminars (TWC), we see a world where young people from all backgrounds have the opportunity to discover, develop and realize their full potential. TWC is the bridge between higher education and professional careers–leveraging all that Washington D.C. has to offer to provide dynamic, experiential learning opportunities to empower and motivate young people to become engaged global citizens.
The Application Specialist will manage all applications critical to the success and growth of our organization. This includes our SIS, CRM (Campus Management) and its integration with the LMS (Schoology) systems, all web-form systems (i.e. Forms Builder, Form Assembly) and other operating systems like StarRez in support of the effective backend operation of the Washington Center. He/she will maintain the integrity of the TWC’s data, provide support and training to end-users, and enhance systems through ongoing configuration and governance.
The ideal candidate is a critical thinker with strong data analysis abilities. This person is a problem-solver, who enjoys generating creative solutions to organization-wide pain points and seeing their positive contributions come to life. They are comfortable engaging with others and translating complex technical issues to non-technical audiences. This is an opportunity to gain significant experience while making a positive impact for an organization that is ripe for workflow improvements.
- Applications Management
- Manage the configuration and operation of TWC’s systems (CRM, SIS and LMS.)
- Upgrade systems and processes as required to enhance functionality and security.
- Build and maintain online webforms and third-party integrations.
- Business Process Evaluation
- Evaluate business processes and assist with defining accurate and efficient best practices within the system.
- Technical Support
- Serve as the primary technical liaison across departments as well as with external platform support teams.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and respond to general support questions.
- Data Management
- Develop a data governance plan to strategically field requests from staff members across multiple departments.
- Assist with organization-wide reporting and analytics.
- Keep a pulse on the cleanliness and completeness of data
- Documentation and Training
- Document processes and provide training to end-users.
Education and Experience
- Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience.
- Experience with large data sets.
- Preferred Education/Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience with T-SQL programming.
- Prior experience with Campus Management tools (CampusVue, etc.)
- Prior experience working in higher education and nonprofit environments.
- Experience using CRMs i.e. Salesforce, LMS i.e. Schoology, StarRez.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities which are critical to the successful performance of the job.These may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with the position:
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask in a deadline-driven environment.
- Committed to customer service and embraces a metrics-driven environment.
- Ability to solve unexpected issues to maintain operational efficiency.
- Able to adapt easily to working with new technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven effective listening skills and strong presentation skills.
- Able to translate complex technical issues to non-technical audiences.
- Competencies required to perform the job successfully:
- Customer Satisfaction
- Communication/Interpersonal Skills
- Strategic Operational Thinking
- Change Management
Equipment Used to Perform the Job
Which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position:
- Standard office equipment including a facsimile machine, photocopier, and telephone system.
- Personal Computer, job-related software and printer.
These are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform described essential functions of this job. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, precise hand-eye coordination, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
To apply to this position, please do so via our online application form.
This job description no way states or implies that these are the only duties preformed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws. Certain job functions described herein may be subjected to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.