Join an organization where you can make a difference in the lives of students from across the nation and the world. At The Washington Center for Internships and Academic Seminars (TWC), we see a world where young people from all backgrounds have the opportunity to discover, develop and realize their full potential. TWC is the bridge between higher education and professional careers–leveraging all that Washington D.C. has to offer to provide dynamic, experiential learning opportunities to empower and motivate young people to become engaged global citizens.
The Senior Program Coordinator is responsible for the timely and efficient processing of student applications, transmitting grades and materials to campuses, and general administrative duties. The individual will be responsible for the administration of The Washington Center’s Learning Management System, Schoology. The senior program coordinator also shares in the department’s reporting responsibilities and will assist in auditing enrollment services processes to ensure all processes are appropriately documented. He/she also supports the department with its efforts to convert interested students into applicants and from applicants to enrolled students.
- Customer Service
- Maintain contact with students regarding status of application and missing materials and act as first point of contact for prospective students via multiple outlets (shared emails, phone, live chat, etc.) about program components, application process and other general information. Through various channels (emails, calls, etc.), assist with outreach to students who have started applications in order to convert their in progress applications to submitted applications.
- Responsible for entering grades, transmitting evaluations and portfolios to campuses, and managing the early grade process.
- Reporting and Process Documentation
- Assist with the generation and distribution of weekly enrollment reports and prepare other reports as needed.
- Audit department’s process documentation, ensuring documents accurately reflect current processes (in preparation for the new SIS), and bi-annually critically review current processes with an eye towards improving business processes.
- Applicant Management through CRM
- Process student internship applications through our Customer Relations Management system: data entry, scanning of supporting documents, continual monitoring of system for new and completed applications, monitoring of list views (and follow-up with students/liaisons as needed) to ensure students are moved appropriately, efficiently and as quickly as possible through the enrollment pathway. Assist students experiencing problems with the system by trouble-shooting the issue and escalating to technical support when needed.
- Learning Management System (Schoology) Administration
Responsible for ongoing administrative functions for Schoology, including the following:
- Create/set up user and member accounts as well as courses and groups for all TWC program offerings and partner institutions. Maintain up-to-date records of current liaisons at partner institutions.
- Serve as main point of contact for Schoology customer service and provide training for end users.
- Admissions & Enrollment
- Recruit at approximately 5 institutions each semester. Represent TWC at programs, events and conferences as needed.
Education and Experience
- Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-3 year’s work experience
- Customer service experience required
- Preferred Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM system preferred
- Experience with higher education or student services preferred
- Familiarity with any Learning Management System a plus but not required
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
These may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with the position:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy in data entry with minimal errors
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work collaboratively
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and around deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to main confidentiality
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to all stakeholders
- Proficiency in MS Office with strong knowledge of Excel and Word
These are required to perform the job successfully:
- Communication/Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Satisfaction
Equipment Used to Perform the Job
Which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position:
- Standard office equipment including a facsimile machine, photocopier, and telephone system.
- Personal Computer, job-related software and printer.
These are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform described essential functions of this job. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, precise hand-eye coordination, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
To apply to this position, please do so via our online application form.
This job description no way states or implies that these are the only duties preformed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws. Certain job functions described herein may be subjected to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.