Liaison Institute 2018
Friday, March 23, 2018 - Saturday, March 24, 2018
Each spring, The Washington Center invites campus liaisons to Washington, D.C. to engage with TWC staff, students, and fellow liaisons from around the country. Highlights of the weekend will include sample class sessions, networking with fellow liaisons, D.C. excursions, and conversations with TWC experiential learning experts as we work together to enrich the lives of your students. Attendees will get a chance to experience D.C. through the eyes of their students!
This year’s Liaison Institute will give you a snapshot of your students’ life in D.C. and the opportunity to learn more about The Washington Center. Here is a brief overview of the agenda:
Friday, March 23rd
- 10:00am-11:30am: (Optional) Alan K. Simpson – Norman Y. Mineta Leaders Series
- 11:30am-12:00pm: Liaison Institute 2018 Registration
- 12:15pm-2:00pm: Lunch with Your Students and LEAD Instructors
- 2:00pm-4:00pm: Sessions
- 4:00pm-5:30pm: Liaison Networking Event
- Optional Evening Activity: Capitol Steps Performance or National Symphony Orchestra Performance
Saturday, March 24th
- 9:00am-12:00pm: Sessions
- 12:00pm-1:00pm: Lunch with the Evening Course Faculty
- 1:00pm-4:00pm: Sessions and Liaison Institute 2018 Wrap-Up
Staff will also be available to meet with you one-on-one if you have questions specific to your institution.
We have secured a group hotel rate at the Hampton Inn NoMa Union Station, a great hotel walking distance to the Residential & Academic Facility. Hampton Inn guests will enjoy free Internet, free breakfast, an indoor heated pool, spa, and fitness center. The hotel will also provide free shuttle service to and from The Washington Center starting at 6:00am.
To access the Washington Center group rate, book your hotel online before February 20th, 2018.
Other Nearby Hotels
- Courtyard Marriott U.S. Capitol
- Hilton Garden Inn Washington, D.C. U.S. Capitol
- Hyatt Place Washington D.C. U.S. Capitol
- Kellogg Conference Hotel at Gallaudet University
- Homewood Suites Washington, D.C. NoMa
- Hampton Inn Washington, D.C. NoMa Union Station
We’d love to see your campus represented at the Institute! Please feel free to forward this invitation to interested colleagues. Don’t hesitate to pass along the information about this event to other champions of The Washington Center on your campus.
Manager, College and University Relations