The Washington Center for Internships and Academic Seminars is seeking an Admissions Counselor/Federal Program Coordinator who is passionate about communicating with diverse audiences and building connections with people to support the expansion of one of our federal internship programs through recruitment, nurturing and conversion efforts. This is a key new role in our Federal and Marketing & Communications teams, meant to nurture qualified leads and convert initiated applications into submitted applications, working closely with other members of the Federal and Marketing & Communications teams to successfully administer the program.
In this role, you will be responsible for the execution of select outbound recruitment activities, nurturing qualified leads and working with program applicants to ensure that TWC meets its goals for eligible applications. You will be responsible for generating a highly qualified pool of diverse candidates for this funded opportunity.
You will additionally be responsible for coordinating logistical and operational aspects throughout the fellowship program lifecycle including tracking and maintaining data, coordinating logistics for the competitive selection process and summer programming, disbursing payments and booking program related travel. This position is contingent upon funding
Recruitment & Admissions
- Nurture all student leads and in-progress applicants through the customer decision journey, especially via proactive outreach through phone calls, one-to-one emails, webinars, text messages, handwritten notes, and more. Align efforts with departmental marketing strategies (including: mass email, social media) and through collaboration with colleagues.
- Visit approximately 5-8 campuses/conferences during the recruitment cycle in fall 2019. Demonstrate success as indicated by meeting specific interaction and lead generation goals, converting students through their decision journey, developing new contacts and expanding TWC’s reach into new departments, among other metrics.
- Conduct proactive outreach to ideally qualified students who have started an application for the program. Communicate with applicants regarding materials missing from their files, and offer resources to help them complete the application process.
- Support marketing efforts for the program by reaching out directly to partnering organizations, colleges and universities, affinity groups, student organizations, and so on, to broaden awareness for the federal internship program.
- Process student internship applications through our Customer Relations Management system.
- Prepare reports analyzing applicant/Finalist/Fellow cohorts for internal and partner use, with guidance from the Director, Digital Marketing.
- Track and update database of participants with regards to adherence to program requirements. Assist participants in navigating security, medical, and suitability clearance processes.
- Coordinate communications between agency partners and participants.
- Assist in preparing participants’ scholarship payments and collect data for reporting.
- Assist in development of quarterly programmatic reports for agency partner.
- Coordinate logistics for summer professional development series, and distribute/process evaluation materials for review.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate travel and accommodation for finalists and selection committee panelists for selection and orientation periods.
- Track travel expenses and collect supporting documentation in order to process advancements, reimbursements, and any related invoicing.
- Create packets for TWC staff, agency staff, Selection Panel members, and finalists for selection and orientation period.
- Ensure panelists and finalists understand travel arrangements and requirements for selection and orientation events.
Required Education and Experience
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field
- One year of marketing, sales or recruitment and administrative experience
- Experience working with students
Preferred Education/Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree
- Experience working with diverse or underserved populations preferred
- Personal experience and/or familiarity with the federal government preferred
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM preferred
- Communication/Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Satisfaction
- Self Awareness
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally
- Ability and strong desire to provide excellent customer service to all stakeholders
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work collaboratively
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Ability to develop systems for tracking information and knowledge
- Independent judgment and initiative
- Proficiency in MS Office with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
Equipment Used to Perform the Job
Which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Standard office equipment including a facsimile machine, photocopier, and telephone system
- Personal Computer, job-related software and printer
Commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform described essential functions of this job. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, precise hand-eye coordination, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
To apply to this position, please do so via our online application form.
This job description no way states or implies that these are the only duties preformed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subjected to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.