The Business Development Coordinator reports to the Business Development Manager and will identify and secure new onsite and remote internship opportunities in high need areas for students. Under the direction of the Manager, this person will work to understand the make-up of incoming students and complete the necessary research and outreach to on-board new employer partners. The Coordinator is someone who is flexible and can thrive in a fast-paced results environment. The candidate is able to work independently and is willing to positively represent the organization to potential external partners. This is a temporary position which runs from approximately July 1- December 24, 2021.
This position is fully remote
Key Job Functions
Lead Generation and Partnership Development
- Identify and generate interest of prospective employer partners to support placement needs through online prospecting and phone calls.
- Coordinate and manage vetting of new internship hosts including but not limited to arranging meetings, explaining program specifics, guiding them through the stages of partnership development, and securing partnership agreement form.
- Network with industry professionals, associations and vendors and others that may aid in the development of new partnerships.
- Work with Business Development Manager and other internal departments to understand interest areas of incoming cohorts of students in order conduct necessary research and potential employer partner outreach
Data Management and Analysis
- Assist in monitoring and evaluation of unplaced students, potential employer accounts and gap areas in CRM, including: account details, preferences and nuances in the interest of maintaining a targeted outreach strategy, strengthening partnerships and achieving placement goals.
- Collaborate with the Manager of Business Development on maintaining accurate information on current leads, prospects and vetted partners in Excel and Sharepoint.
- Assist the Business Development Manager in other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 1-3 years’ related work experience
- Business Development Experience working with the international businesses, business development, sales, marketing highly preferred
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools/CRM is preferred; Salesforce.com experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
These are critical to the successful performance of the job. These may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with the position.
- Strong networking skills to secure new employer partnerships
- Excellent client relations skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work collaboratively
- Strong project management skills
- Proven ability to articulate organizational objectives
- Organized and detail orientated
- Independent judgment and initiative
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Equipment Used to Perform the Job
Which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Standard office equipment including a computer, job-related software and printer
Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform described essential functions of this job. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to work on a computer, hand-eye coordination. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand to work on a computer, use repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement, and talk or hear.
To apply to this position, please do so via our online application form.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subjected to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
Please note that we participate in E-Verify and upon hire, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
The Washington Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is TWC's policy to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. Provisions in applicable laws providing for bona fide occupational qualifications, business necessity or age limitations will be adhered to by the organization where appropriate.