Join an organization where you can make a difference in the lives of students from across the nation and the world. At The Washington Center for Internships and Academic Seminars (TWC), we see a world where young people from all backgrounds have the opportunity to discover, develop and realize their full potential. TWC is the bridge between higher education and professional careers–leveraging all that Washington D.C. has to offer to provide dynamic, experiential learning opportunities to empower and motivate young people to become engaged global citizens.
The Coordinator, Federal Programs is responsible for coordinating all logistical and operational aspects of the participant’s experience throughout their internship with specific focus on communicating to diverse audiences and building connections with people through outreach and recruitment efforts. You will be responsible for generating a highly qualified pool of diverse candidates for funded federal internships through marketing and messaging campaigns, then supporting the selected students throughout their internship experience.
This position is currently remote but will eventually need to be in the D.C. Metro area.
Key Job Functions
Administrative and Logistics Management
- Manage shared email program inboxes and respond to inquiries from participants and agency partners in collaboration with Program Manager.
- Support marketing efforts for the program by reaching out directly to partnering organizations, colleges and universities, affinity groups, student organizations, etc. to broaden awareness.
- Conduct proactive outreach to qualified students. Communicate with applicants regarding missing materials to support them in completing the application process.
- Assist in the referral process to deliver high-quality applicants to federal partners.
- Track and update database of participants with regards to adherence to program requirements.
- Assist in preparing stipend payments and collect data for reporting.
- Assist in development of monthly or quarterly programmatic reports for agency partners.
- Coordinate logistics for summer events & professional development series, and distribute/process evaluation materials for review.
- Track travel expenses and collect supporting documentation in order to process advancements, reimbursements, and any related invoicing.
- Brief participants on housing requirements and track lodging documentation.
- Arrange travel for participants to internship locations.
- Provide support for program events.
- Set-up webinars to deliver information to participants.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Explain program requirements, milestones, and processes to program participants.
- Assist participants in navigating security clearance processes.
- Assist with creation of Stipend Award Letters.
- Field questions and provide guidance on academic and program requirements.
- Conduct periodic check-ins or site-visits with participants during internship sessions.
- Connect participants with relevant resources, as applicable.
- Distribute, update, and track information in Salesforce, Schoology, and other CRMs.
- Utilize Salesforce and other tools to produce reportable information on participants’ program cohorts.
- Utilize technological tools to increase efficiency of program execution (i.e. Smartsheet, Zoom, Slack, etc).
Required Education and Experience
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered.
- Bachelors degree in related field required
- 1 year or administrative experience
- 1 year of experience working with students
Preferred Education/Qualifications and Experience
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM preferred
- Experience working with college students highly preferred
- Experience working with the Federal government is a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
These are not reflected in the competencies but are critical to the successful performance of the job. These may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with the position:
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work collaboratively
- Strong organization skills and detail orientated
- Ability to develop systems for tracking information and knowledge
- Excellent client relations skills
- Independent judgment and initiative
- Proficiency in MS Office with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Equipment Used to Perform the Job
Which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Standard office equipment including a facsimile machine, photocopier, and telephone system
- Personal Computer, job-related software and printer
Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform described essential functions of this job. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to work on a computer, hand-eye coordination. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand to work on a computer, use repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement, and talk or hear.
To apply to this position, please do so via our online application form.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subjected to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
Please note that we participate in E-Verify and upon hire, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
The Washington Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is TWC's policy to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. Provisions in applicable laws providing for bona fide occupational qualifications, business necessity or age limitations will be adhered to by the organization where appropriate.