The Washington Center for Internships and Academic Seminars is seeking a talented, Marketing Director to drive the expansion of one of our Federal Internship programs through the creation of campaigns, exceptional content and data-driven decisions. This is a key new role in our Marketing and Communications area meant to grow the interest in this funded internship program and align marketing and admissions activities.
In this role, you will be responsible for the execution of digital marketing with a strong focus on driving leads through the lifecycle of our student nurture programs. You will champion new, innovative ideas with strategic and tactical plans tied to individual and program performance metrics.
This role is responsible for the number and quality of leads generated and is expected to work closely with other members of the Marketing and Communications area. In addition to the generation of quality leads, nurturing those leads and providing a seamless experience from awareness to the submission of applications. This position is contingent upon funding.
- Design and implement an outreach and recruitment strategy for the specialized federal internship program
- Develop integrated marketing campaigns to attract students from diverse backgrounds to successfully complete all application requirements
- Develop a content strategy to drive inbound leads using a variety of formats and tactics.
- Optimize our marketing automation tool (Hubspot) and lead nurturing processes through email, content, and social channels for all inbound and outbound leads.
- Manage the handoff of marketing qualified leads to an admissions counselor, following up on responses and implementing strategies to improve lead quality.
- Leverage and manage paid digital media activities to drive qualified traffic for digital campaigns.
- Develop quarterly marketing plans with a focus on lead generation and conversion campaigns.
- A/B test specific tactics to learn what is most effective, optimize campaigns based on findings.
- Produce weekly reports and monthly dashboards to demonstrate campaign progress and region success. Track analytics relating to source, traffic, and impact of all webpages, including social media and the student application
- Produce campaign recap summaries (conversion rates, webinar, event registrants/attendees, email and event campaign metrics, etc.) in order to analyze past performance and identify new opportunities to improve existing campaigns.
- Grow new leads, including marketing-qualified leads, by converting site traffic through calls-to-action, landing pages, and lead generation content (including offers)
Required Education and Experience
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered.
- 8-10 years of marketing experience with a focus on lead generation and sales strategy
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related experience.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with excel
Preferred Education/Qualifications and Experience
- HubSpot certification preferred - or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce preferred
- Communication/Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Satisfaction
- Self Awareness
- Effectively executes organizational priorities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work autonomously
- Highly collaborative with the affinity to build relationships across teams, including vendors, business managers, and external partners
Equipment Used to Perform the Job
Which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Standard office equipment including a facsimile machine, photocopier, and telephone system
- Personal Computer, job-related software and printer
Commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform described essential functions of this job. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, precise hand-eye coordination, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
To apply to this position, please do so via our online application form.
This job description no way states or implies that these are the only duties preformed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subjected to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.