The Institutional Partnerships Manager plays a key relationship management role on a team that is responsible for a territory encompassing half of The Washington Center’s active affiliated colleges and universities. The person in this role manages a portfolio of approximately 90 accounts with varying levels of engagement and, working closely with their admissions-focused colleagues, is responsible for meeting or exceeding target enrollment in each of TWC’s signature programs. The Manager develops and leverages a deep knowledge of the challenges and opportunities faced by each portfolio institution to match TWC offerings as solutions and makes resource allocation suggestions accordingly. They conduct in-person visits to 10-15 partner institutions in their account portfolio during each academic semester, to strategically grow the partnership and recruit students. Additionally, they serve as an internal point-person, providing partnership summaries, recommending growth targets and ensuring account data housed in CRM is up-to-date. They also work closely with colleagues to develop outcomes-based reports and leverage them within their portfolio. This position requires significant travel during the fall and spring semesters, and periodic evening and weekend work and events.
The Washington Center is hiring two Institutional Partnership Managers. These positions are currently remote but will need to be in the Washington D.C. metro area in the near future. We may consider remote candidates based in New England and/or the Ohio/Pennsylvania area if they are the right fit for the role.
Key Job Functions
- Develop consultative and collaborative partnerships with and manage a portfolio of approximately 90 total college and university partners, working with colleagues to secure targeted enrollment/revenue for each of TWC’s signature programs and cycles from these schools. Conduct ongoing analysis of institutional relationships within the assigned portfolio and creatively map TWC’s product offerings, including customized options, to the opportunities and needs of each institution. Prompt development of tailored marketing materials for both B2B and B2C audiences, based on the opportunities identified within each account.
- Support cross-organizational needs, including fundraising and large-scale events, as they relate to institutions within the assigned portfolio.
- Coordinate with institutions within assigned portfolio that choose to host events at the TWC’s residential facility in Washington, D.C.
Partner Visits and Lead Generation
- Travel to partner institutions (10-15 in a typical semester) to conduct recruitment activities and meet in-person with stakeholders.
- Identify additional key decision makers on each campus and build new relationships to broaden TWC’s network of champions and supportive stakeholders on campuses.
- Identify additional institutions where teammates should conduct virtual and/or in-person recruitment activities to introduce TWC’s signature programs to students and generate leads.
- Ensure all institutional data housed in CRM is accurate and regularly refreshed with updated details. Provide details about each partner institution’s academic programs, student population, TWC arrangements (credit, billing arrangements, etc), eligibility for scholarship funding, and more to support admissions and marketing efforts.
- Maintain detailed records of planning, visits to campus, and partner conversations, ensuring all relevant details are accurately logged in the CRM in the interest of supporting the admissions and marketing efforts.
- Support efforts to update CRM formats so that data is more readily transferable to content designed for external audiences.
Required Education and Experience
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 2 years of related experience required
Preferred Education/Qualifications and Experience
- Alumnus/a of The Washington Center Academic Internship Program a plus
- Significant experience with Salesforce or a similar CRM preferred
- Experience working with Asana and Smartsheet a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with external partners
- Willingness to take on any and all projects with enthusiasm and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for communicating with diverse audiences, building connections with people
- Team-oriented approach to work, balanced with ability to work well independently
- Ability to work efficiently towards deadlines and in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and strong desire to provide excellent customer service to all stakeholders
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently (up to 25%) on a seasonal basis and work some weekend or evening events throughout the year
- Valid driver’s license
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Equipment Used to Perform the Job
Which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Computer and job-related software
Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform described essential functions of this job. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to work on a computer. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work on a computer, use repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement, and talk or hear.
To apply to this position, please do so via our online application form.
This job description no way states or implies that these are the only duties preformed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subjected to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
Please note that we participate in E-Verify and upon hire, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.