Did you have an internship, fellowship or study abroad experience that altered your trajectory? Are you motivated by ambitious goals? Do you have a passion for helping people find purpose and pursue life-changing opportunities? If this sounds like you, you might be our next Admissions Coordinator! Join an organization where you can make a difference in the lives of students from across the nation and the world. At The Washington Center for Internships and Academic Seminars (TWC), we see a world where young people from all backgrounds have the opportunity to discover, develop and realize their full potential. TWC is the bridge between higher education and professional careers–leveraging all that Washington D.C. has to offer to provide dynamic, experiential learning opportunities to empower and motivate young people to become engaged global citizens.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for conducting virtual recruitment and lead generation activities at TWC’s partner institutions. You’ll attend virtual career fairs, host information sessions, conduct one-on-one meetings with interested students and seek other opportunities to engage with each school, as our strategies require. Most importantly, you’ll help students see TWC as an attainable, trajectory-altering opportunity—one that can help them maximize the value of their degree and launch a career they’ll love.
The Admissions Coordinator role is based remotely on a 9:00a-5:30p ET schedule. The target start date for this position is January 18, 2021 with an end date of May 7, 2021.
Essential Job Functions
Lead Generation and Virtual Recruitment
- Work with colleagues and Campus Liaisons to schedule recruitment activities on each assigned campus, which includes completing registration or providing presentation meeting links, logging details in CRM and preparing presentation materials.
- In partnership with account-facing colleagues, work to effectively market and promote events on campus and secure strong registration totals.
- Present information sessions and speak with students at career fairs, or through other activities such as classroom visits or one-on-one meetings, to build awareness of TWC on each campus.
- Demonstrate success at each campus as indicated by meeting specific lead generation goals and helping TWC advance school-specific strategies, which may include making inroads into new departments.
Admissions and Project Support
- Serve on TWC’s admissions committee, reviewing submitted applications according to the admissions timeline, making prompt and thorough admissions decisions.
- Conduct additional outreach to students as required by enrollment strategy and requested by colleagues.
- Provide support for various special projects, including: posting about TWC on partners websites, processing surveys, conducting database maintenance and more.
- Maintain detailed records of planning, visits to campus, and conversations with prospective students ensuring all relevant details are accurately logged in the CRM.
- In concert with university-facing colleagues, ensure institutional details contained in CRM are current.
Education and Experience
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered:
- Bachelors degree required
Preferred Education/Qualifications and Experience
- Alumnus/a of The Washington Center Academic Internship Program preferred
- Experience working with college students or in a higher education setting preferred
Required to perform the job successfully:
- Communication/Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Satisfaction
- Self Awareness
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Critical to the successful performance of the job. These may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with the position:
- Willingness to take on any and all projects with enthusiasm and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to manage multiple, detailed projects and work collaboratively
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy in data entry with minimal errors
- Excellent public speaking skills and comfort presenting to large groups
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally
- Passion for communicating with diverse audiences, building connections with people
- Ability and strong desire to provide excellent customer service to all stakeholders
Equipment Used to Perform the Job
Which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Standard office equipment including a facsimile machine, photocopier, and telephone system
- Personal Computer, job-related software and printer
Commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform described essential functions of this job. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, precise hand-eye coordination, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
To apply to this position, please do so via our online application form.
This job description no way states or implies that these are the only duties preformed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subjected to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
Please note that we participate in E-Verify and upon hire, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.