Funded Federal Diversity Internships
Opening doors to fulfilling careers in the Federal Government.
The Washington Center (TWC) partners with multiple U.S. federal agencies to offer paid internship programs with the goal of increasing diversity in the federal workforce. These federal agencies recognize that diversity brings innovation and creativity to the workplace, encourages fresh perspectives that inspire new ideas and sparks positive change.
As an intern with a federal agency, you will gain meaningful professional experience and build a valuable network of connections that could open the door to new opportunities in the future. The need is strong for bright, diverse talent at these agencies.
All of the federal internships require that you are a U.S. citizen and enrolled in a degree-granting program, with a preference for a 3.0 or above GPA. There are opportunities for 15-week fall and spring internships and 10-week summer internships.
Learn More About TWC's Funded Federal Diversity Internships
Click here to see application deadlines for this semester's Federal internship programs.
Learn more about the eligibility requirements, benefits, deadlines and dates for these Funded Federal Diversity Internship opportunities:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Internships
- Federal Transit Administration Diversity in Federal Transit Internship Program (DFT)
- Library of Congress Internships (LOCI)
- Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) HBCU/MI Internship Program
- Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) National Diversity Internship Program
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Internship Program
- Summer Transportation Internship Program for Diverse Groups (STIPDG)
See additional federal agencies that TWC partners with here:
- Federal Diversity Internship Initiative (includes multiple agencies)
Applying with TWC starts the process of getting you matched with the federal agency that would be the best fit, based on your background and interests. This not only saves you time searching for an internship, it also helps to ensure you’ll have a great experience.