Corporations & Foundations
Partnering for Strategic Alignment & Shared Impact.
Simply put, our corporate and foundation partnerships fuel the quality and breadth of programming that has made The Washington Center the premier choice for experiential education in Washington, D.C.
Shared Values. Shared Goals.
We partner with corporations, foundations and more than 500 colleges and universities around the globe to provide young adults from all walks of life, hands-on educational experiences that help turn their degree into a life changing career. Our programs are structured to align with your values and help you achieve your philanthropic or corporate social responsibility goals.
We have been privileged to build lasting relationships with many organizations that go well beyond generous contributions and sponsorships. In collaboration with our partners, we've designed programs and initiatives that address specific strategic goals within their organization while serving our students and securing the future of The Washington Center.
Turning Values Into Impact
We seek corporate and foundation partners that share our commitment to equip young people with the professional experience and personal tools to reach their full potential. Whether it's providing access to underserved student populations through targeted scholarships, or funding the development of specific programming that align with corporate social responsibility objectives, we enable organizations to leverage their contribution to make a significant impact.
Strategic Priorities & Sample Partnerships
Access & Opportunity Programs
Facilitating and supporting historically underserved and underrepresented college students in the participation and completion of our Academic Internship Program and Academic Seminars, including:
- The Bridges Program: Scholarships for first-generation students made possible through the generous support of The Coca-Cola Foundation, Pepco, BGE, the College Success Foundation, the Carnegie Corporation of NY, the Economic Club of Washington, John Hancock, and the Carnival Corporation.
- Leadership Initiative for Students with Disabilities: Scholarships for students with disabilities, made possible through the generous support of AT&T, HSC Foundation and The Kessler Foundation.
- American Muslim Scholars Initiative: Scholarships for American Muslim College students, made possible through the generous support of the Center for Global Understanding and El-Hibri Foundation.
Strategic Partnerships & Initiatives
Growing current relationships and establishing new partnerships or initiatives that strategically align with organizational and departmental goals. These programs include:
- Veterans Employment Trajectory (VET) Initiative: In partnership with Prudential, this initiative helps student veterans transition to the civilian workforce.
- State Leadership Initiative: In partnership with 11 U.S. state governments, this initiative prepares students for civic & workforce leadership.
- The Cordova & Fernos Congressional Internship Program: In partnership with the government of Puerto Rico, this program offers congressional internships for Puerto Rican students.
Annual Scholarship Dinner
TWC's Annual Scholarship Dinner is our largest and most important fundraising event, celebrating and recognizing the many partners who help us achieve our mission.
TWC Scholarship Fund
This fund allows students to overcome financial barriers to participating in The Washington Center’s experiential education programs. This includes first-generation college students, students with disabilities, students from lower socioeconomic backgrounds and veterans transitioning into the workforce.