Take Your Internship Program to a Higher Level
Partner with The Washington Center to Ensure Your Internship Program – Virtual or In-Person – is a Win-Win
Spring 2024 Internship Program: January 22 – April 26, 2024
It’s not just an internship program, it’s an academic internship program with a 50-year history of helping college students from all backgrounds successfully transition from college to career.
The Washington Center:
- Provides immersive internships and academic seminars to students from more than 400 colleges and universities in the U.S. and more than 25 countries.
- Inspires students to become well-informed, public-spirited, and more socially engaged with their communities
- Works with more than 400 internship host partners
- Has more than 60,000 alumni that hold leadership positions in virtually every career field
How Do You Benefit?
Whether you host an intern in-person, in Washington, D.C., or virtually from anywhere, partnering with TWC is a win-win for your organization and the interns.
You save time. We do the legwork in vetting students based on their GPA, major, and interests before they are ever shared with employers. Pre-qualified students apply directly to you in our employer portal, Grad Leaders.
You get support from TWC. You are assigned an employer relations manager who will be your main point of contact and your guide throughout the interview process and during the internship.
You support pay equity. Intern hosts are strongly encouraged to pay their students a living wage stipend. All TWC partners will be required to pay their interns by 2025, at the latest, as a part of our commitment to equity and opportunity for all learners, as outlined in our strategic plan.
You get a smart and highly motivated intern. Whether you choose to have a virtual or an in-person intern, your organization will bring an infusion of fresh ideas and new perspectives while helping bright, eager college students gain professional experience.
I was very impressed with the way TWC handled everything, helping us to smoothly transition to a virtual internship when the COVID-19 pandemic hit. Thanks to TWC, I’ve learned you can do internships effectively virtually.Nick Kourtesis, Founder and Owner, Mid-Atlantic Sports Consultants
Spring 2024 Internship Program Dates
The Spring 2024 Internship Program runs from January 22 through April 26, 2024.
- Mandatory Orientation: TBA
- Internship Starts: Monday, January 22 — Alternate internship start dates can be discussed and agreed upon by the supervisor
- Internship Ends: Friday, April 26
Who Are the Eligible Students?
Students participating in the internship program must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate at an accredited college or university as a sophomore or above.
- Have approval from a faculty sponsor.
- Maintain a grade point average of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
- Receive academic credit from their college or university for their participation in the program
What Are the Program Components?
Students in the program will:
- Intern 32-36 (in-person) or 20-36 (virtual) hours/week
- Receive one-on-one advising from TWC advisors
- Participate in small group discussions
- Attend up to 8 virtual professional development opportunities
- Be evaluated by their supervisor (final evaluation).
Get Started Today
If your organization is interested in partnering with TWC to host an in-person intern in Washington, D.C., or a virtual intern anywhere, let’s talk today!
Learn more about the benefits of hosting a remote intern with The Washington Center, plus everything you need to know...
Writing internship job descriptions is a crucial step in the recruitment process. It helps guide students who may be interested...
Framework for internship supervisors to ensure a high-impact and mutually beneficial experience.