Providing highly qualified candidates to build the Federal pipeline.
Unparalleled Capability and Convenience
We attract and distill a diverse pool of talented student interns from across the country to precisely match your agency's specific needs. As the oldest and most established internship program of its kind, with more than 400 public and private partner universities in the United States, we have the infrastructure and networks to provide your agency with qualified and highly capable intern candidates.
Our programs can complement the federal Pathways Program, but do not require guaranteed employment for interns. Diversity—of race, gender, and ability as well as religious, geographic, and socioeconomic backgrounds—is a hallmark of our programs. And we make your job easier by handling all the details of providing a pool of the most qualified candidates.
Flexible Partnership Approaches
GSA Multiple Award Schedule Contract
Federal agencies can easily partner with us and minimize contracting requirements through a Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) or a Simple Acquisition. The Washington Center holds a Multiple Award Schedule Contract with the General Services Administration. Our GSA Contract number is GS 02F-0078P.
To work through the GSA Contract, a contracting officer must complete a purchase order, identify the funding amount, include our GSA Contract number (GS 02F-0078P), and e-mail the information directly to FederalRelations@twc.edu.
We can also facilitate larger federal programs through competitive bid contracts negotiated with individual federal partners. Together we can design programs that target the specific needs and priorities within your agency.
Grants (Cooperative Agreements)
Multiple federal agencies partner with us through cooperative agreements. These grant dollars allow agencies to implement programs that align to their particular mission and develop the next generation of qualified professionals.
Current Federal Agencies Include:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB)
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Department of Labor (DOL)
- Department of State (DOS)
- Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Department of Treasury (USDT)
- Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- General Service Administration (GSA)
- International Trade Administration (ITA)
- National Credit Union Administration (NCUA)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Naval Research Lab (NRL)
- Naval Supply Systems Command (NAVSUP)
- U.S. Census Bureau
For more than ten years, we have selectively placed hundreds of student interns in more than 50 locations across the country. Some of our current regional internship partners include:
- Department of Transportation
- Department of Veteran Affairs
- Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
- Centers for Disease Control
Targeted Majors Across Diverse Populations
We attract a highly skilled, diverse population of student interns through our relationships with over 500 colleges and universities across the country. These partner institutions include HBCUs, TCUs, HSIs, and AAPIs. Priority majors include, but are not limited to:
- Information Technology
- Human Resources
- Environmental Studies
- Health Sciences
- Public Administration