The Employer Relations Manager is responsible for managing a portfolio of employer accounts with the goal of building strong relationships, supporting the placement of interns and supporting partners in building meaningful internship experiences for students. The incumbent must work closely with the employers in their portfolio to understand the needs of each employer and the type of internship opportunities available. A successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial, can-do attitude and thrive in a fast paced environment. This individual is responsible for monitoring the internship placement process and ensuring information and data is being logged in a timely and accurate manner. The Employer Relations Manager is a team player that generates solutions and provides excellent service and support to internship partners throughout the intern placement process.
TWC is a majority remote organization, but this position will need to be in the Washington D.C. Metro area to conduct meetings with employer partners.
Essential Job Functions
Employer Account Management
- Manage a portfolio of partner employer accounts, building and sustaining relationships through ongoing email communications, phone calls, and meetings.
- Act as a continuous point of contact and provide excellent service to employer partners.
- Consistently conduct site visits(virtually or in-person) to ensure ongoing quality of the internship experience.
- Support the strategic growth of internship opportunities within current partners.
Data and Placement Management
- Closely collaborate with Pre-arrival Advisors on student applications, interviews, offers and placement.
- Monitor the status of applications, interviews, offers, and placements to ensure stakeholder satisfaction and to meet weekly and seasonal placement goals.
- Track and manage employer accounts data in CRM, including: account details, preferences and nuances in the interest of strengthening the relationship and achieving placement goals.
- Ensure diligent logging and tracking of internship partners’ progression in the intern selection process, providing the utmost attention to data integrity.
Employer Partner Services
- Through outreach and discussions, develop employer-facing resources and trainings to support them in their role as internship supervisors
- Provide guidance and support to employer partners in building up and strengthening their internship experiences.
Enrollment and Admissions
- Review submitted applications according to the admissions timeline, making prompt and thorough admissions decisions.
Required Education and Experience
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-3 years’ experience in employer relations, human resources, or sales strongly preferred.
Preferred Education/Qualifications and Experience
CRM and data management experience is a plus.
Required to perform the job successfully
- Communication/Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Satisfaction
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Which are critical to the successful performance of the job. These may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with the position:
- Knowledge of internships and matching / placement services preferred.
- Ability to engage and build relationships through phone and in-person meetings.
- Thrives in a fast-paced and performance-driven environment that is ever changing.
- Adept communicator with demonstrated collaboration skills.
- Strong commitment to The Washington Center’s mission and passion for experiential education are required.
Equipment Used to Perform the Job
Which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Standard office equipment including a facsimile machine, photocopier, and telephone system
- Personal Computer, job-related software and printer
commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform described essential functions of this job. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
To apply to this position, please do so via our online application form.
PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER WITH YOUR APPLICATION
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subjected to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
Please note that we participate in E-Verify and upon hire, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
The Washington Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is TWC's policy to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. Provisions in applicable laws providing for bona fide occupational qualifications, business necessity or age limitations will be adhered to by the organization where appropriate.