The Employer Relations Manager is responsible for managing a portfolio of employer accounts with the goal to provide excellent service and achieve placement goals. The incumbent must work closely with their internship portfolio to understand the candidate profile to identify strong matches between their employer accounts and accepted student participants. A successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial, can-do attitude and will skillfully pitch students to employers. This individual is responsible for optimizing their internship portfolio to grow placements within targeted areas of need. The Employer Relations Manager is a team player that generates solutions and provides excellent service and support to internship partners throughout the intern selection process.
This position is currently remote but will eventually need to be in D.C. Metro area
Essential Job Functions
Internship Partner Portfolio
- Manage a portfolio of partner employer accounts, building and sustaining relationships through on-going email communications, phone calls, and meetings.
- Act as continuous point of contact and provide excellent service to employer partners.
- Closely collaborate with Pre-arrival Advisors on referral sends and strong matches in the interest of student placement and satisfaction.
- Drive intern selection process through consistent communication with internship partners by setting the timeline and working toward specific placement goals week by week.
- Monitor the status of referrals, interviews, offers, and placements to ensure stakeholder satisfaction and to meet weekly and seasonal placement goals.
Internship Partner Development
- Cultivate and optimize placements within current internship portfolio.
- Support the business development efforts on an as-needed basis.
- Track and manage employer accounts data in CRM, including: account details, preferences and nuances in the interest of strengthening the relationship and achieving placement goals.
- Diligent logging and tracking of internship partners’ progression in the intern selection process, providing the utmost attention to data integrity.
Enrollment and Admissions
- Review submitted applications according to the admissions timeline, making prompt and thorough admissions decisions.
Required Education and Experience
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-3 years’ experience in employer relations, human resources, or sales strongly preferred.
Preferred Education/Qualifications and Experience
CRM and data management experience is a plus.
Required to perform the job successfully:
- Communication/Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Satisfaction
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Critical to the successful performance of the job. These may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with the position:
- Knowledge of internships and matching / placement services preferred.
- Ability to engage and build relationships through phone and in-person meetings.
- Thrives in a fast-paced and performance-driven environment that is ever changing.
- Adept communicator with demonstrated collaboration skills.
- Strong commitment to The Washington Center’s mission and passion for experiential education are required.
Equipment Used to Perform the Job
Which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Standard office equipment including a facsimile machine, photocopier, and telephone system
- Personal Computer, job-related software and printer
Commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform described essential functions of this job. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, precise hand-eye coordination, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
To apply to this position, please do so via our online application form.
This job description no way states or implies that these are the only duties preformed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subjected to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
Please note that we participate in E-Verify and upon hire, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.