The Washington Center is seeking an outgoing, enthusiastic individual to fill a critical role that supports the expansion of federal internship/fellowship programs, focused on attracting college students of diverse backgrounds and financial need. Reporting to the Director, Digital Marketing, the Senior Coordinator, Marketing & Outreach, will help drive awareness and generate qualified leads through a variety of marketing and promotional activities, including social media, and will take the lead on providing virtual info sessions (webinars) for students at colleges and universities across the country. When circumstances allow (due to COVID-19), the senior coordinator will be responsible for exhibiting/tabling at events and providing in-person info sessions on targeted campuses. The senior coordinator will also provide exceptional service and support to prospective students as they progress throughout the customer decision journey. This is an excellent opportunity for an entry-level marketer to gain valuable marketing skills and learn new tools, while promoting opportunities for college students of diverse background and financial need.
This position is currently remote but will eventually need to be in the Washington D.C. metro area
- Assist in developing email campaigns using Hubspot and social media campaigns (organic and paid) to nurture contacts through the decision-making journey and encourage students to apply for the fellowship and federal internship programs. Monitor performance metrics for emails and social media campaigns and provide recommendations to improve performance across campaigns.
- Plan and execute recruitment trips to targeted campuses and/or career fairs (when circumstances are safe to do so) during application cycles, which includes making travel arrangements, mailing materials, communicating with contacts and liaisons, and working to ensure an ideal schedule to maximize travel. Otherwise, plan and executive virtual info sessions, which includes coordinating with contacts and liaisons to promote the session, providing electronic materials, coordinating the online platform (Zoom or other), etc.
- Develop/maintain relationships with universities, affinity groups, student organizations and associations to increase awareness, and provide all marketing support with these audiences. Conduct research on demographics of the institutions or organizations to identify those with student populations that align with our program’s diversity goals.
- Plan and coordinate monthly webinars, including coming up with new webinar topic ideas, coordinating with speakers, moderating, and assisting in development of PPT slides, and webinar promotion. Follow-up with all leads generated from webinar registrations.
- Report on metrics from webinars, virtual info sessions, in-person events, and other lead gen activities and forms.
Required Education and Experience
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, PR or related field
- Marketing or promotions experience (internship, job, volunteer)
Preferred Education and Experience
- One year of related experience strongly preferred
- Some experience working with college students or in a higher education setting preferred
Required to preform the job successfully:
- Communication/Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Satisfaction
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Critical to the successful performance of the job. These may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with the position:
- Willingness to take on any and all projects with enthusiasm and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Passion for communicating with culturally diverse groups, building connections with people
- Excellent social skills and cultural sensitivity
- Comfortable with learning new technologies and platforms, including Hubspot (marketing automation), email campaign platforms, and webinar/virtual platforms
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to write social media copy and professional business emails
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently (only when COVID-19 circumstances allow)
- Ability to complete projects with a significant degree of independence and autonomy
- Ability and strong desire to provide excellent customer service to all stakeholders
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally
- Ability to manage multiple, detailed projects and work collaboratively
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and around deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Office with strong knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Valid driver’s license
Equipment Used to Perform the Job
Which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Standard office equipment including a facsimile machine, photocopier, and telephone system
- Personal Computer, job-related software and printer
Commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform described essential functions of this job. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, precise hand-eye coordination, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
To apply to this position, please do so via our online application form.
This job description no way states or implies that these are the only duties preformed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subjected to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
Please note that we participate in E-Verify and upon hire, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.