Salary Range: $76,000.00 to $89,400.00, Annually
The Contract Management Specialist is responsible for the internal administration of all federal grants and contracts. This includes oversight of the entire contract process, including development support, compliance, operations management, and financial/contract reporting.
The Contract Management Specialist is responsible for assuring TWC staff is aware of and meeting all compliance and reporting needs. The person in this role will liaison with the Federal Initiatives Office, HR, and any other offices as needed on behalf of the department and as primary contact to agency contract officers or equivalent to ensure all contract needs are met. This position is fully remote within a high-paced organization.
Contract Management & Compliance
- Serve as the primary point of contact for agency Contract Officers and Contract Specialists for contract compliance and financial administration.
- Oversee contract requirements for each agency and monitor project implementation internally to ensure compliance (i.e. reporting, invoicing, time tracking, etc.).
- Manage GSA Multiple Award Schedule, including price increases, SBA reporting, filing and paying fees, audits, ensuring the schedule is fully registered and current, and updating the public catalog.
- Hold Monthly Meetings with department leads to identify any contract compliance issues or over/underspending compared to budgets.
- Monitor detailed alignment of the budget to the resources available and their requirements and constraints.
- Assist with internal and external audits as required.
Management, Logistics & Operations
- Provide regular guidance, training and assistance to the Program Managers on the effective and efficient contractual and financial management of their budgets and overall program.
- Process federal interns, fellows and Post Doc E-Verify requirements as well as respond to federal intern employment verifications.
- Coordinate with the Federal Team (such as performance issues that could lead to termination) with Federal Program personnel in conjunction with the Director of Equity and Inclusion and Program Manager as required.
- Maintain a library and tracking system for all contracts/ modifications; ensure all reporting systems are consistent and accurate.
- Manage subcontractor program operations and support Program Managers with oversight of contracts with external vendors related to program logistics to ensure compliance.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Proposal Development & Program Vetting
- Track department data and statistics for internal reporting, template creation, and proposal processes.
- Support the preparation of new proposals and submissions. Assist all departments with solicitations to determine requirements that meets TWC's purpose, mission, and values.
Required Education and Experience
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered:
- Master’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience required
- 5 or more years of progressively responsible work experience
- Track record of managing federal contracts
- Experience securing business from the federal government
Preferred Education/Qualifications and Experience
- Experience with Federal Acquisitions Regulations
- Experience working in higher education policy and/or college students preferred
Competencies Required to Perform the Job Successfully
- Communication/Interpersonal Skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Expert-level writing, researching, and general communication skills
- Excellent client relations skills
- An exceptional ability to multi-task, carry out numerous projects at the same time and deal with frequent interruptions
- Strong project management skills
- Organized and detail orientated
- Independent judgment and initiative
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The Washington Center’s Values
Values which guide our mission work in every regard – internally and externally:
- Equity & Inclusion
- Connection & Collaboration
Equipment Used to Perform the Job
May be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position:
- Cloud-based technologies
- Standard company laptop
- Job-related software
We Take Care of Our People
Our Mission is to create flexible, immersive pathways to enhance the pipeline of diverse talent and build more equitable, inclusive workplaces and communities. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, TWC is the type of organization where you can balance rewarding work with a great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do to better the lives of students.
We strive to have parity of benefits across the organization and, while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on your experience
- Health coverage for you and your family in all locations
- Ability to work in a remote or hybrid environment
- Generous number of vacation days each year with company closure that last week of the year between Christmas and New Year
- Half Friday’s day restoration and development
- One day per year use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with a max of 15 extra days of parental leave
- Recognize all Federal Holidays
Commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform described essential functions of this job. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision to work on a computer.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
To apply to this position, please do so via our online application form.
This job description no way states or implies that these are the only duties performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subjected to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
The Washington Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of The Washington Center to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. Provisions in applicable laws providing for bona fide occupational qualifications, business necessity or age limitations will be adhered to by the organization where appropriate.
The Washington Center stands in solidarity with all marginalized communities. We believe communities are strengthened by the inclusion of and equity for all people. Racism, hate, and violence have no place in our society, and we condemn all such acts. We are committed to becoming an anti-racist and anti-hate organization.
We commit to continuously striving for diversity, equity and inclusion through ongoing education, reflection, and awareness. As an organization nearing five decades in existence, we recognize we have work to do. At The Washington Center, each person brings unique and varied lived experiences which inform our thoughts, actions, and decision-making processes. We aim to create an inclusive, safe environment for our staff, students, and all stakeholders, where everyone’s differences are honored, every perspective is valued, and everyone is safe to bring forth their authentic selves.