Did you have an internship, fellowship or study abroad experience that altered your trajectory? Are you motivated by ambitious goals? Do you have a passion for helping people find purpose and pursue life-changing opportunities? If this sounds like you, you might be our next Admissions Counselor!
In this role, you’ll be responsible for conducting in-person and virtual recruitment and lead generation activities at TWC’s partner institutions. You’ll present in classes, attend career fairs, host information sessions, conduct one-on-one meetings with interested students and seek other opportunities to engage with each school, as our strategies require. Most importantly, you’ll help students see TWC as an attainable, trajectory-altering opportunity—one that can help them maximize the value of their degree and launch a career they’ll love.
The Admissions Counselor role is a temporary, full-time position with benefits. The target start date for this position is July 26, 2021 with an end date of March 31, 2022. The selected candidate should expect to travel frequently, likely visiting around 15 schools during both the fall and spring semesters (as public health conditions permit), in addition to conducting other recruitment virtually.
This is a 100% virtual position: you do not need to be based in the Washington, D.C. metro area
Key Job Functions
Recruitment and Lead Generation
- Conduct campus-specific in-person and virtual recruitment activities to introduce TWC’s signature programs to prospective students, as well as faculty, staff, administrators and parents. During a typical semester, expect to visit 12-18 schools.
- Generate leads and build awareness by presenting in classes and/or information sessions, speaking with students at career fairs, meeting with students on-on-one, or through other activities.
- Work with colleagues and Campus Liaisons to schedule recruitment activities on each assigned campus, which includes completing registration or providing presentation meeting links, logging details in CRM and preparing presentation materials.
- In partnership with account-facing colleagues, work to effectively market and promote events on campus and secure strong registration totals.
- Demonstrate success at each campus as indicated by meeting specific lead generation goals, guiding students through their decision journey, and helping TWC advance school-specific strategies, which may include making inroads into new departments.
Admissions and Project Support
- Serve on TWC’s admissions committee, reviewing submitted applications according to the admissions timeline, making prompt and thorough admissions decisions.
- Conduct additional outreach to students as required by enrollment strategy and requested by colleagues.
- Provide support for various special projects, including: posting about TWC on partners websites, processing surveys, conducting database maintenance and more.
- Maintain detailed records of planning, visits to campus, and conversations with prospective students ensuring all relevant details are accurately logged in the CRM.
- In concert with university-facing colleagues, ensure institutional details contained in CRM are current.
Required Education and Experience
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree required
Preferred Education/Qualifications and Experience
- Alumnus/a of The Washington Center Academic Internship Program a plus
- Experience working with college students or in a higher education setting preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Willingness to take on any and all projects with enthusiasm and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to manage multiple, detailed projects and work collaboratively
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy in data entry with minimal errors
- Excellent public speaking skills and comfort presenting to large groups
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally
- Passion for communicating with diverse audiences, building connections with people
- Ability and strong desire to provide excellent customer service to all stakeholders
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Equipment Used to Perform the Job
Which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Standard office equipment including computer, job-related software and printer
Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform described essential functions of this job. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to work on a computer, and distance vision for driving. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work on a computer, use repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement, and talk or hear. The employee may be required to sit for extended periods when traveling by air, train or by road.
To apply to this position, please do so via our online application form. Please include a short cover letter with your application
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subjected to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
Please note that we participate in E-Verify and upon hire, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
The Washington Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is TWC's policy to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. Provisions in applicable laws providing for bona fide occupational qualifications, business necessity or age limitations will be adhered to by the organization where appropriate.