The Advisor, Customized Programs plays a key role in planning and delivering customized internship or seminar programs that are designed for international and/or domestic constituents. The Advisor will provide guidance to program participants before, during and after their programs and manage all aspects of the programs. The Advisor will develop and implement pre-arrival communications plans, program events and activities and complete weekly program updates and/or a program report after the program ends. We are looking to fill this position around mid-May, 2020.
Listed in order of importance:
Program Planning and Execution
- Manage and provide guidance to up to 50 participants each semester/term.
- Develop program overview and syllabus for each program cohort; plan learning modules and program activities aligned with the program objectives.
- Create and distribute reading materials, resources, briefing books, and a pre-arrival packet and develop a resource portal through the Learning Management System (LMS) for participants.
- Monitor and ensure that participants are well aware of the program learning objectives and TWC standards for high-quality performance by reviewing and providing feedback on their assignments, conducting site visits and making weekly contacts.
- Plan tasks and coordinate logistics for orientation, commencement, weekly program activities, reception, and other events for participants.
- Coordinate logistics for program participants’ arrival, collaborating with other departments.
- Develop promotional documents or briefing books for events, workshops, and other program activities during the program and distribute to speakers and other stakeholders.
- Provide assistance to program participants’ travels outside of the U.S.
Program Reporting & Administrative
- Update and conduct program assessment tools and compile the results.
- Document and compile weekly program updates and create a program report based on the program content as well as survey results.
- Process and track program expenses and communicate with sub-contractors and vendors when needed.
- Support other related areas as needed.
Education and Experience
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered.
- Master’s degree required
- Minimum of two years of experience in working with college students in an advising, mentoring, or teaching capacity
- Experience in planning and executing programs/seminars/workshops
- Proficiency in Spanish required
- Communication/Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Satisfaction
- Self Awareness
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of higher education fields
- Track record of coordinating events, presentations, trainings or workshops
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and work collaboratively with colleagues and other stakeholders
- Proven ability to articulate organizational objectives and development goals
- Independent and sound judgment and initiative
- Demonstrated attention to detail, personal attention, problem-solving skills, excellent customer service
Equipment Used to Perform the Job
Which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Standard office equipment including a facsimile machine, photocopier, and telephone system
- Personal Computer, job-related software and printer
Commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform described essential functions of this job. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, precise hand-eye coordination, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
To apply to this position, please do so via our online application form.
This job description no way states or implies that these are the only duties preformed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subjected to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
Please note that we participate in E-Verify and upon hire, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.