The Manager of Course Administration and Program Support is responsible for managing operation of course function for the Programs Area of The Washington Center. The manager will work to build class rosters, manage classroom scheduling, and support faculty during the semester. The manager will serve a cross functional staff member working with program directors and key departments to ensure courses operates seamless each term. The manager will play a role in end of semester evaluations for courses and career readiness reports.
Listed in order of importance:
- Manage the academic course program schedule and calendar for the academic courses program each semester/term, keeping processes on schedule for current and upcoming terms
- Build class rosters and manage the add/drop process each term in collaboration with Vice President of Academic Affairs and Career Readiness
- Manage of the maintenance of data and prepare reports in the CRM, SIS and LMS; maintain database of faculty; provide input on how to leverage the LMS and faculty portal for continuous improvement for courses
- Manage communications between TWC, faculty and students in email correspondence and telephone communications, use sound judgment to solve problems proactively and/or to refer them to the next level as needed
- Triage and report issues to the Vice President and/or Senior Manager of Case Management and Student Conduct to facilitate appropriate responses, interventions and/or additional services.
- Coordinate training and disseminate updates to the Pre-Arrival Advising team each semester so they can advise students on course selection
Evaluations and Grade Management
- In collaboration with Operational Effectiveness, manage the course evaluation process at the end of each term for every course and assist in presenting findings
- Oversee the internship final evaluation for all programs including developing schedules with program managers, liaising with SkillSurvey when needed and finalizing reports.
- Work with Enrollment Services to collect and finalize all grade reports for evening courses and other programs (as needed)
- Under the supervision of the Vice President, coordinate faculty onboarding including tour of Residential and Academic Facility (e.g. classroom space, technology), and general support during the term
- Work with HR to complete hiring paperwork and setting up each faculty member into necessary systems (e.g. LMS, email)
- Work with programs area staff on faculty training and development opportunities during the semester
- Coordinate early grades and exam proctoring for courses when necessary
- Collaborate as needed with the Senior Manager of Case Management and Student Conduct on any issues that arise courses
Other TWC Responsibilities
- Assist with program area wide needs and programs including but not limited to sitting on committees, coordinating special events, or assisting with key projects
- Work on cross-functional tasks and projects that involve course administration such coordinating classroom visits and course’s role in liaison events.
- Take on additional duties as assigned by the Vice President of Academic Affair and Career Readiness
Education and Experience
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master’s degree preferred
- 2 to 3 years of relevant professional experience required
- Background in a college environment and/or working with college students required
Preferred Education/Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience using a variety of database management systems including but not limited to StarRez, CRM and SIS systems, and LMS tools
- Leads/develops/empowers others; Develops Relationships, Inspires Trust
- Customer Satisfaction
- Communication/Interpersonal Skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Be able to work some evenings each semester to support faculty (flexible schedule provided)
- Track record of presentations and ability to lead training and development opportunities
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work collaboratively
- Ability to generate experiential education opportunities that enhance participants’ experience and offers opportunities for theoretical knowledge becoming practically applied
- Demonstrates understanding of diversity issues within a higher education and professional environment and actively addresses situations to ensure cultural and global competency
- Proven ability to articulate organizational objectives and development goals
- Independent judgment and initiative
Equipment Used to Perform the Job
Which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Standard office equipment including a facsimile machine, photocopier, and telephone system
- Personal Computer, job-related software and printer
Commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform described essential functions of this job. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, precise hand-eye coordination, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
To apply to this position, please do so via our online application form.
This job description no way states or implies that these are the only duties preformed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subjected to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
Please note that we participate in E-Verify and upon hire, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.