The Washington Center is looking for a Marketing Technologist plays a critical role in leveraging and managing marketing technologies that support The Washington Center’s (TWC) marketing efforts for B2B and B2C audiences. The Marketing technologist will collaborate with the marketing and communications team, and other organizational areas, translating the marketing vision to a technology implementation that delivers on marketing and recruitment goals.
Blending a passion for technology with creative marketing skills, the Marketing Technologist will be recognized as the internal subject-matter expert for the adoption, execution, optimization and maintenance of marketing technologies. They maintain the TWC website, is the primary developer for the organization’s marketing technology platforms (Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Hubspot), and supports the use of CRM system components related to TWC’s digital communications (primarily email) efforts.
The Marketing Technologist must be a collaborator and a team player, and feel comfortable working cross-functionally across the organization. They should work well under pressure, and possess outstanding communication skills, with an ability to explain technical processes, possibilities and limitations to non-technical audiences.
This is a 100% remote position.
Key Job Functions
Marketing Automation Technology Management
- Serve as the organizational lead for use of TWC’s enterprise Marketing Technology (Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Hubspot and Uberflip), with responsibility for account maintenance, renewal recommendations and strategic direction
- In coordination with the Institutional Partnerships and Admissions branch and the Assistant Director for Marketing, develop and design promotional, integrated lead-generation campaigns that include landing pages, email workflows, forms and other assets that drive conversion and are optimized continuously.
- Develop landing page templates designed with user experience and conversion in mind.
- Manage and consult on integrations between marketing platforms and identify areas for improvement based on data and the stakeholder journeys.
- Evaluate marketing strategies that incorporate digital or marketing technologies to identify potential setbacks and areas for improvement. Ensure proposed strategies are possible, and recommend alternative approaches when needed. Provide strategic insights and recommendations to increase the effectiveness of these digital marketing efforts.
- Advise on the implementation of new marketing technology platforms. Determine whether platforms meet the organization’s needs and integrate with systems of record.
- Make data-driven decisions, optimize inefficiencies in systems, and champion best practices
- Analyze marketing technology investments and provide strategic recommendations and guidance.
- Direct the architecture, content management and user experience of the TWC website and other digital properties.
- Ensure website functionality and perform software updates.
- Ensure website content is always up to date. Maintain and execute a calendar of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual updates.
- Work closely with Marketing and Communications (MarComm) team members and manage website agency to set priorities for site improvement
- Manage relationship with web development agency and consult on budget
- Ensure domain registration and hosting are current
- Understand SEO best practices and incorporate them into digital content to improve organic search traffic
- Develop any necessary materials, manuals, guidelines or processes to facilitate the ongoing use of the website and marketing technology platforms. Conducting any necessary training to TWC staff on website processes.
- Work with colleagues across TWC, and key external stakeholders, to assess website effectiveness and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
Marketing Cloud (Salesforce) Oversight and Managemen
- Oversee mass email communications sent through Marketing Cloud (Salesforce) and provide support when needed.
- Build automated marketing campaigns through Marketing Cloud’s Journey Builder
- Build emails using dynamic content and data extensions
- Identify areas for improving integrations and enhancing/improving/replacing connected apps
- Work with TWC's Salesforce Admin to request updates and identify areas for improvement.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Monitor, assess, and report on website and digital properties performance. Present reports with relevant insights (add the story to the numbers) and recommended actions steps. Create reports based on audience (executive vs marketing team).
- Monitor and benchmark trends and developments in technology that are applicable to our website, digital properties, and digital strategies.
- Search Engine Optimization
- Manage and improve organic search engine performance and goal-setting based on clickthrough rates, traffic, and conversions.
- Based on website traffic and keyword search, collaborate with the Manager, Content Marketing and Senior Director of Marketing to develop content ideas.
- Manage relationships with external vendors, developers and marketing technology platforms and services. Act as the main point of contact, manage the budget, negotiate annual contracts and ensure timely completion of projects with vendors.
Required Education and Experience
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered.
- 3-5 years of experience in website management, project management, marketing technology management, and/or digital marketing role
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Demonstrated technical experience.
Preferred Education/Qualifications and Experience
- Marketing Cloud experience a plus
- Salesforce + Hubspot integration experience a plus
- Experience with Drupal or a CMS system
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to solve complex problems quickly and think creatively
- Hands-on background in web development processes and Drupal 6, 7, and/or 8
- Hands-on background in inbound marketing and marketing automation technology (HubSpot preferred)
- Understanding of marketing automation systems and Salesforce integration
- Experience managing vendor relationships and selecting vendors
- Ability to explain technical processes, possibilities and limitations to non-technical audiences
- Proficiency in web analytics platforms (Google Analytics) and reporting
- Solid knowledge of SEO, search technology, and tagging methodologies
- HTML and CSS proficiency
- Strong desire to provide excellent customer service to all stakeholders
- Team-oriented approach to work, balanced with ability to work well independently
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
Commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform described essential functions of this job. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement and talk or hear.
To apply to this position, please do so via our online application form.
This job description no way states or implies that these are the only duties preformed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subjected to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
Please note that we participate in E-Verify and upon hire, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
The Washington Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of The Washington Center to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. Provisions in applicable laws providing for bona fide occupational qualifications, business necessity or age limitations will be adhered to by the organization where appropriate.